Tuesday, November 09, 2010

"Rock" and Roll?

We took the kids to the Contra Costa Mineral & Gem Show this weekend. It started because a Boy Scout troop was using the event as an opportunity to help Webelo scouts earn their geology pin; and Ethan wanted to earn his pin. This led to Ryana and Naomi joining too because all scouts in uniforms got free admission.

Ethan and Naomi had a general understanding of what we were going to see. The kids hurriedly got into their uniforms as we readied to leave. But I wasn't sure if Ryan understood what we were going to do. So I asked him, "Do you know what we're going to see at the Gem and Rock show?"

After a brief pause, Ryan said, "I think we're going to a gym and we're going to see a rock show...you know, a rock and roll show with music."

No comments:

Post a Comment