After dinner at my parents' we're just sitting around when...
Dorothy: Ryan, stay away from the outlet. That's not a toy. You might get zapped.
Ryan had been sitting in the dining room chair that Ethan sat in for dinner. He was leaning back in the chair reaching for the speaker cord plugged into an outlet.
Yuki: I remember when I was in Sand Point I got zapped a couple of times. One of the times was when I was washing dishes. Our house had a light in the kitchen that had a metal on/off switch that I reached to turn with my hand still in the water.
Casey: What happened?
Yuki: I just swatted the light away as hard as I could. That's all I could do. I think that maybe only you were home or maybe it was dad.
Ethan: Did it hurt?
Yuki: No, there wasn't enough juice.
Ethan: What if there was a whole cup full?
No comments:
Post a Comment