Friday, May 12, 2006

Conversations with Kids - Part I

Here's a conversation with Ethan, our 5-year old son, and Naomi, our 6-year old daughter, this evening at the dinner table:

Me: Wow, those lemon grass chicken sticks are sort of spicy.

Naomi: What are you talking about?

Me: Those things in front of you. Right there. Those things that look like taquitos.

Naomi: Yeah, you're sweating.

Me: You want to try one. Ethan has one. Maybe you're like mom and can handle spicy foods.

Naomi: Yeah, I'm a little bit like you and a little bit like mom. So maybe I can eat spicy foods like mom. (Proceeds to put one of the chicken sticks on her plate.)

Me: In other ways you're more like me.

Naomi: Like how we don't get cavities. (Unlike mom who gets cavities easily)

Me: That's right.

Ethan: But Dad, how come I get cavities easily even though I sweat like you?

No comments:

Post a Comment