Thursday, January 31, 2013

Ho Hey... the things kids say...

My son Ryan has talked about wanting to be an "army man" or a police officer or a fireman when he grows up.  We've talked with about the dangers of such professions or pointed out how it seems that these professions seem to be populated by many people with very short hair.  "Oh, yeah, I noticed that. Why is that?"

Anyway, the other he was on the ground demonstrating to me his army crawl with his orange-tipped, bright green machine gun.  While he's crawling he's talking to me.  "I know what I want to be when I grow up now.  I want to be an army soldier extra."

I didn't exactly know what he was talking about.  "Can you repeat?  I don't understand."

"I want to be an extra in a movie.  I want to play extra soldiers in movies."

I said to him, "I don't think you would be able to support yourself being a movie set extra.  You might have to rethink that."

His answer was, "That's okay.  I don't care if I wouldn't be able to support myself.  That's what I want to do now."

Ho Hey!

No comments:

Post a Comment