Sunday, August 22, 2010

One Final Look at Jerome Randle

Here's a final look at Jerome Randle, arguably the second best point guard to come out of Cal in recent times (J. Kidd being the first). Jerome's the second best that I have seen in person without a doubt. So it's perplexing why he was not drafted. I was surprised when a friend of mine mentioned that Jerome was not drafted. I just assumed that he would be drafted somewhere based on the on-line sites that I had seen leading up to the draft. Most had him going some place in second round. He was even named MOP in one of the showcase camps leading up to the draft.

If players like Spud Webb, Earl Boykins and Muggsy Bogues (all 5'3" of him) could make it in the NBA, Jerome Randle should be able to make it too. No slight to the other three that I just mentioned, but none of them had a consistent shot like the one Jerome has.

The latest is that he's signed a contract to play professionally in Turkey so at least he will play professionally some place and be paid handsomely to do so. Maybe one day he will catch the eye of an NBA scout that can look beyond his 5'9" stature so that we will have a chance to see what he can do the world's biggest basketball stage.

Here's the video mix from YouTube on the "Bulldog":

No comments:

Post a Comment