Monday, June 15, 2009

Conversation With Ryan

Ryan who's 5 yrs old made a special card and insisted on placing a family picture in the middle.

Ryan: Mom, you make sure you keep this and look at it to remember us when we're gone.

Mom: Where are you going?

Ryan: Well, Mom, one of these days Naomi, Ethan and I will be living in another house...not together...I'll have my house and Naomi will have her house and Ethan will have his house. Because one of these days we'll find a girl to marry and live in a different house with.

Mom: Naomi, too?

Ryan: Naomi will find a boy to marry....someone who's not taken. I'd marry you, but you're taken.

Mom: Who's got me?

Ryan: Casey.

(pause)

Ryan: Maybe I'll marry Naomi because she helps me...she helps me take care of the guinea pig.

Mom: Brothers and sisters don't marry each other...they find other special people.

Ryan: Oh.

No comments:

Post a Comment