Friday, January 02, 2009

"Stream of Life"

The music that accompanies the Matt Harding video was so mesmerizing and uplifting that we had to go look it up.

The name of the song is "Praan" or "Stream of Life," and was composed by Garry Schyman and performed by Palbasha Siddique. The lyrics were adapted from the poem "Stream of Life" translated by Bengali poet Rabindranath Tagore. The singer who performs the song apparently lives in the U.S., but has gained some notoriety since the production of the video including competing in the Bangladesh version of "American Idol."

The English translation of the poem goes something like:

The same stream of life that runs through my veins night and day,
runs through the world and dances in rhythmic measures.
It is the same life that shoots in joy,
through the dust of the earth in numberless blades of grass,
and breaks into tumultuous waves of leaves and flowers.
It is the same life that is rocked in the ocean-cradle of birth and of death,
in ebb and in flow.
I feel my limbs are made glorious by the touch of this world of life.
And my pride is from the life-throb of ages dancing in my blood this moment.


Here's the song set to a video of nature photography.

1 comment:

  1. Mr. Turtle, I finally read your Christmas card, and your url's pointed me here. Anyway, put my link above Aleutia okay, http://www.alaskapen.com some day I am coming south to see you and your family. I now work for http://www.eatribes.org been there for nearly a year, in its IT department. My address there is edgars@eatribes.net drop me a line, our firewall shouldn't block you. Your dad looks good, must have been thanksgiving dinner, the picture I was looking at. I was in Seattle last April, was a whirlwind stop, never though of connecting or asking to connect. Anyway, I read in your card one of your boys is in Karate, I watched Kung Fu Panda, probably 15 times with Colin, kinda like the movie, rate it up with "A Good Year". Well hope you check your comments, say hi to everyone and have a Blessed New Year. ELS

    ReplyDelete